The Guava Girl Podcast #66: BUSINESS GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: THE FOCUS OF THE GUAVA GIRL TEAM RETREAT
Mar 09, 2020
The Guava Girl Podcast was created with the purpose of empowering women to think entrepreneurially and creatively so they may lead the extraordinary life they never thought possible.
Here you will find the good, the bad, and most importantly, the REAL inside looks of what it is like to work for yourself and feel empowered by doing it. We talk about growing your following on social media, building a personal brand, and what it is like being a woman in a startup culture.
Find me, Isabella Silverio, on Instagram as @isabella.guava and #GUAVAGIRL to be part of this growing and empowering community.
IMPORTANT MOMENTS FROM INSIDE BUSINESS GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: THE FOCUS OF THE GUAVA GIRL TEAM RETREAT
- [01:49] Let’s dive right into what went down in my first team retreat ever. We all flew into Miami and spent time together planning the entirety of 2020. To say the least, it was a really life-changing experience for everyone and we did a great job at bringing in everyone to stay in the big vision for the business and think of the big picture in terms of our goals as a team, which is to make everyone’s lives so much easier.
- [02:55] I discuss the importance of having such beautiful scenery around us when we were collaborating as a team to bring us into that high vibe space while everyone is dreaming big.
- [03:40] One of the first things we did is create our own itinerary. Just like how I create itineraries for my Guava retreats or VIP days, I decided to create an itinerary for this event as well. The first thing we put in was roles for every person in the team. That way, we knew who was in charge of what. At least in my team, everyone has a specific role, so I don’t have to think of every single thing myself and I let my team help in creating as I delegate all the tasks and outline all the projects.
- [06:17] Moving on to the itinerary, the next step we did is follow my CEO Embodiment Method with this retreat. Within this method are the foundation, innovation, and generation process. Guava empowerment is like a diamond which has many facets. Here, we make sure that each one of those facets is polished, refined, and brought to light.
- [09:37] I’m very pleased to say that with the Guava Girl Podcast, we were able to outline the next 20 episodes. Also, we set new KPIs for how we’ll be measuring growth and success every single month in the business. A lot of our time was spent on refining our sales plan, so we are aware of every single launch of every single program. We also all agreed that creating projections for every single sale for the rest of the year is really going to be helpful in determining how to run the business.
- [10:06] As for content, we brainstormed on how we’re going to be repurposing more of the content we’ve already created, as well as how we’re going to elevate that content in order to serve a wider audience. The State of Union Foundation, Sales Plan, and Innovation completes our six-page team retreat itinerary.
- [11:09] We reflected back to each other on what that day meant to us, how awesome it is to have such a clear plan, and making sure that we are taking advantage of every leverage point possible.
- [15:57] Let me go through one of the boards that we created on our project management system. Every single day of your business, you are either selling or launching something. Especially for big launches that we do, we always want every launch to be easily repeatable and replicable, which equates to always being successful.
- [16:40] I will go over each of the sections of our launch template for you to have an idea of what it looks like in a nutshell. We’ve created one of the most in-depth boards in regards to launching than ever before, since a lot goes into a launch and we want to stay really organized and clear to make sure nothing falls through the cracks..
- [18:03] At the end of the episode, I take the time to address the questions brought forward from the people watching this live.
“If you know how to create your own leverage, you can create as much success as you want.”
“I constantly teach myself how to make your results exponential rather than incremental, and I always want everyone, including my team, to walk away with knowing that this is just the beginning.”
“What I explained to my team is our system needs to work for me. Our system needs to work for us. If there is a piece of something that's constantly a lot of back and forth and constantly derailing progress in the business, we need to change it in order to be able to either free up time or use our time more wisely.
CONNECT WITH ME
Join the Guava Girl Entrepreneur Facebook Group
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram
WORK WITH ME
#GuavaBoss Mastermind Waitlist
GUAVA GIRL GOODIES
The Instagram Vault - this is my signature Instagram sales course! This course will help you curate a feed that makes sales EASY, builds your personal brand & creates a following that is loyal AF.
The Klassy Shop Blue Light Blocking Glasses - use code: GUAVA for 27% off your first purchase!
The Hashtag Matrix - My personal list of 5,500 hashtags that are niched down for high-speed growth. Using these are guaranteed to boost your engagement & your growth on Instagram. Use code: GGPODCAST at checkout for $5 off your purchase.