The Guava Girl Podcast #65: ENHANCING YOUR PERSONAL STYLE USING YOUR BRAND AND VALUES WITH ILYSSA HERRINGTON
Feb 24, 2020
The Guava Girl Podcast was created with the purpose of empowering women to think entrepreneurially and creatively so they may lead the extraordinary life they never thought possible.
Here you will find the good, the bad, and most importantly, the REAL inside looks of what it is like to work for yourself and feel empowered by doing it. We talk about growing your following on social media, building a personal brand, and what it is like being a woman in a startup culture.
Find me, Isabella Silverio, on Instagram as @isabella.guava and #GUAVAGIRL to be part of this growing and empowering community.
IMPORTANT MOMENTS FROM INSIDE ENHANCING YOUR PERSONAL STYLE USING YOUR BRAND AND VALUES WITH ILYSSA HERRINGTON:
- [5:49] Ilyssa tells us more about herself and her line of work as a personal stylist and consultant. She also talks about self-love, self-acceptance, and how you utilize style to convey your personality to the world. Here, you will learn about having a personal style as you get to know yourself better.
- [8:24] Ilyssa shares how she discovered the means to help other women through online coaching. She talks about how she loves interacting with people from all over about body positivity, which is also her specialty. This is what she has truly built her business around, promoting body positivity for women in the world.
- [12:43] Isabella and Ilyssa talk about putting effort into your appearance as a form of self-care, because for most, you enjoy your life so much more when you do. Isabella and Ilyssa also have an in depth discussion around showing up as your most authentic self in your personal brand and style.
- [16:59] Isabella and Ilyssa speak on striking a balance with your wardrobe and personality and taking the action to remove articles of clothing that you feel you are no longer emotionally invested in. Ilyssa talks about her “intentional wardrobe” and the concept of “less is more” that goes with it.
- [21:24] Ilyssa shares her thoughts about women who would love to have more professional looking outfits, but because of the price tag on the clothing and their pursuit of sealed approval, they end up settling for fast-fashion.
- [24:01] Ilyssa discusses the “buying things to buy things” culture and why there always seems to be a sense of lack. In today’s society it seems that no matter how many things you own, you never feel content or complete.
- [26:58] Closing tips that Ilyssa provided include: knowing the best way to hone in on an attainable personal style as opposed to your fantasy personal style and how establishing a style roadmap can really help keep you on track with style continuity and on point branding for you online entrepreneurs and business owners.
“I think we all need to use whatever our strong suits are and figure out what parts we enjoy the most on the jobs that we do.”
“You enjoy your life so much more when you put an effort into your appearance, but not in the sense that it's completely for external validation.”
"I do think that higher quality, but fewer items is better. That translates to having a more cohesive style if you have less items but they all look really nice, you're getting your money's worth out of those investment pieces."
CONNECT WITH ME
Join the Guava Girl Entrepreneur Facebook Group
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram
WORK WITH ME
GUAVA GIRL GOODIES
The Instagram Vault - this is my signature Instagram sales course! This course will help you curate a feed that makes sales EASY, builds your personal brand & creates a following that is loyal AF.
The Klassy Shop Blue Light Blocking Glasses - use code: GUAVA for 27% off your first purchase!
The Hashtag Matrix - My personal list of 5,500 hashtags that are niched down for high-speed growth. Using these are guaranteed to boost your engagement & your growth on Instagram. Use code: GGPODCAST at checkout for $5 off your purchase.