The Guava Girl Podcast #28: Defeating the Worry Monsters W/ Topsie Vandenbosch
Mar 11, 2019
The Guava Girl Podcast was created with the purpose of empowering women to think entrepreneurially and creatively so they may lead the extraordinary life they never thought possible.
Here you will find the good, the bad, and most importantly, the REAL inside looks of what it is like to work for yourself and feel empowered by doing it. We talk about growing your following on social media, building a personal brand, and what it is like being a woman in a startup culture.
Find me, Isabella Silverio, on Instagram as @isabella.guava and #GUAVAGIRL to be part of this growing and empowering community.
IN THIS EPISODE WE LEARN ABOUT:
- Recognizing Imposter syndrome
- Getting over the tendency to self sabotage
- The difference between worry & anxiety
- Limiting beliefs
- Stopping the "what if" attitude - jump in the deep end
- Externalizing your negative beliefs with Worry Monsters
- How to activate highest self mode
- Develop insight & get introspective to recognize your current mental state
- Detaching from the outcome (know that you have worked hard & did your best)
- Being present & in the moment & happy where you are
- Not letting competition with your self hinder celebration of success
- Spending $$ to get it to come back towards you
- Transitioning from your "corporate lifestyle" to working for yourself, trust in your craft & expertise.
- Getting out of your own way
- Removing "all or nothing" thinking from your vocabulary
- 22:22: Recognizing negative thoughts
- 25:30: Reframing your worry with "worry monsters." Normalizing and recognizing your worry & be empowered to be in control.
- 32:30: Explaining the difference between highest self mode and victim mode. Are you operating at the highest level you can achieve?
- 35:20: Recognizing what mode you're in - be in touch with how you're feeling.
- 37:40: Detaching from the outcome - recognizing the steps you took (it's ok to fail!)
- 39:40: Celebrating your successes!
- 41:30: Trusting yourself & your skillset
- 47:11: Make your creative time sacred and precious
- 49:25: Steps you need to be taking to start moving towards success
- 52:00: Last motivation - if you keep going, you will see success.
- “In reality we are all created to experience all of the same emotions - we just have to power to decide who we want to invite to the party, and who we don't. ”
- “The words that you speak come into fruition”
- “We are all just trying to get to the next step on the ladder - whatever it is - the steps don't stop.. its always going to be a battle up and with yourself.”
- “Your mindset is the foundation of your business. When your mindset is in the right place, everything else falls into place.”
- “Winners have lost..but they just keep going”
Learn how to edit your Instagram Photos like a PRO
Curate a feed that drives SALES, builds your personal brand (& a loyal AF* following)!
DOWNLOAD MY HASHTAG MATRIX: GET $5 OFF USING CODE "PODCAST" AT CHECKOUT
Find out the details of the episode by listening to the full Guava Girl Podcast episode on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, and Anchor!
Isabella Silverio Instagram Expert www.isabellasilverio.com @isabella.guava